This DIY Oatmeal Soap for Fall features the smell of a bowl of warm creamy cinnamon apple oatmeal. Using melt and pour soap makes this soap an easy project which will only take about ten minites to make (excluding cooling time)
- Cut and weigh the goats milk soap, then place in microwave safe measuring cup or bowl.
- Add the cinnamon and microwave until soap base is melted. (roughly 30 seconds). Stir in the quick oats.
- While still liquid, but slightly cooled, add the apple fragrance (too hot will dissipate it, the oats help cool it, so just wait 30-60 seconds).
- Stir gently while pouring into mold to ensure uniform oat distribution, yet not create bubbles.
- Cool until firm, then pop bars out of the mold.
This DIY soap recipe makes exactly 2 bars in the suggested mold. (Double it up if you like, but I would keep the batches to 2-4 soaps to avid varying the amount of oatmeal in each bar too much, as it has a tendency to settle while cooling.)
- Prep Time: 10 min