Bentonite clay is well known for it's healing and detox properties. This clay soap recipe is a easy soap making project, that only takes about 10 minutes to prepare (excluding cooling time).
- Mix the bentonite clay with the glycerin and the essential oils in a small container to create a slurry.
- Cut the melt and pour soap base into chunks and place in a microwave safe container. Heat in microwave until melted (check after 30 seconds to gauge how long it will take in your microwave). Remove as soon as melted, don't over heat.
- Stir the melted soap base, allow to cool off for about a minute, then add the clay slurry. Stir in well, until evenly distrubuted.
- Pour the clay soap into silicone molds. If you have a detailed mold, pour a little in and gently rap against table then fill to top (avoids air bubbles marring details). Leave to cool at room temperature.
- Once cool, pop out of the soap mold. Store in an airtight container to maintain scent.