Easy recipe to make your own decongestant shower soothers at home and for gifts. A DIY natural remedy for sinus congestion. The aromatherapy tablets are specifically formulated to open passageways and sooth inflamed tissues.
- Mix together the baking soda, citric acid and cornstarch, then mix in the essential oils. Add the water while rapidly stirring to minimize reaction. Finally mix in a tablespoon of sprinkles. If using holiday sprinkles, do not add (color may bleed)
- Place ten cupcake liners in cupcake/muffin pan. If using Holiday sprinkles: Add sprinkles to bottom of each liner at this point. Scoop 1/4 cup of the decongestant tablet mixture and place in each liner.
- Press down mixture to create a relatively flat surface. Pay particular attention to tamping down the edges.
- Set aside to dry at room temperature for a few hours.
- Once dry and hard, remove each tablet from the liners, smooth off edges if needed, then store in airtight packaging such as shrink wrap bags or covered jar.
While these shower soothers should be strong enough, if you find a stronger tablet would benefit you, simply add a few more drops of each essential oil right on the tablets. It will simply absorb.