Activated charcoal soap recipe and directions to make it into cool Galaxy Soap!
- Chop the glycerin soap into smaller chunks. Place in a microwave safe container and pour in the activated charcoal.
- Microwave the glycerin soap until melted (only takes slightly over a minute in my microwave). Mix well, until all the activated charcoal is fully dissolved. Pour into molds slowly until nearly at the top of each cavity.
- Allow to completely cool (yes, it is fine to carefully place them in refrigerator), then pop out of molds.
Before pouring your soap into molds:
- If you are using pigment powder, take a toothpick and scoop up a tiny amount. Fleck into the soap mold cavities in a random pattern. Keep it in tiny clumps.
- Sprinkle glitter in the soap molds. Lighter tones of blues and greens are my favorite as they contrast nicely against the black of the charcoal soap. Use 2-3 complementary colors in each cavity.
- Finish as above.
I used half frankincense and half orange essential oils in the plain soap and just lavender in the Galaxy soap version.