This quick simple essential oil gel will help ease the symptoms of poison ivy. A natural poison ivy remedy for mild cases.
- 2 ounce glass bottle
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Aloe vera gel
- 1/2 tablespoon witch hazel
- 5 drops peppermint essential oil
- 5 drops of geranium essential oil
- 5 drops of rosemary essential oil
- Pour the aloe vera gel and witch hazel into the bottle with a small funnel.
- Add the essential oil blend and shake well.
Home remedies are only meant for mild to moderate poison ivy symptoms. Seek medical advice if your rash is near eyes, other sensitive body parts or covers 25% or more of your body. You should also do so if fever, loss of breath or pus comes from the rash area.
It is also wise to do a test patch before applying any oils you have not used in the past, even when diluted. An adverse reaction on top of a painful rash needs to be avoided.
Keywords: essential oils for poison ivy, homemade poison ivy gel, DIY poison ivy treatment