Therapeutic French Green soap recipe that is easy to make. A detoxifying and healing soap, great for eczema or skin abrasions.
- 1/4 cup French green clay
- 1/8 tsp green oxide pigment*
- 1 1/2 tbs vegetable glycerin
- 1/2 tsp rose hip oil
- 10 ounces glycerin melt & pour soap base
- 6 ounces goat's milk melt and pour soap base
- 20 drops frankincense essential oil**
- 15 drops rose geranium essential oil**
- Mix together the French green clay, pigment, glycerin and rose hip oil until it is a smooth paste.
- Chop the soap into chunks and melt in microwave.
- Once soap is fully melted stir in the clay paste until smooth and evenly distributed.
- Place molds on a tray or board.
- Add the essential oil just before pouring and gently stir in, them fill each mold with the melted clay soap.
- Allow to cool until firm, then turn over and pop soaps out of molds.
- Leave to fully harden, will take at least an hour.
*you can skip this pigment, but the soaps will be more of a greenish gray
**you can swap in different complimentary essential oils. Lavender or lemongrass would be nice choices.