The bath bomb recipe for these homemade lavender oatmeal bath bombs is easy to make. Both oatmeal and lavender have a soothing effect on the skin, so these are great for those with dry or irritated skin.
- 1 cup baking soda
- 1/2 cup citric acid
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup epsom salts
- 1/2 cup quick cook oats
- 1 1/2 tbs fractionated coconut oil
- 1/4 tsp lavender essential oil
- purple gel food coloring
- **1/2 tsp water, only if needed (I didn't)**
- dried lavender flowers (mostly decorative, so consider them optional)
- bath bomb mold
- Whisk together the baking soda, cornstarch, citric acid, epsom salts and oats.
- Add the fractionated coconut oil, lavender essential oil, and purple gel food coloring. Mix thoroughly. Add the water ONLY IF NEEDED while mixing to avoid a reaction. Grab a handful of mixture and squeeze if it stays together it is plenty moist enough.
- Sprinkle a pinch of dried lavender flowers on one side of a bath bomb mold, then top with the lavender oatmeal bath bomb mixture and press down firmly. Top off and fill other side. You actually want to overfill the molds then press together with a good amount of pressure. When using metal sphere molds, I twist slightly while pressing, this helps excess mixture fall back into bowl and ensures a tight pack and easy release.
- Remove the bath bombs from molds gently and set out to air dry before storing in airtight container or shrink bags.