Easy DIY soaps shaped like cute rubber duckies. Great for spring or Easter gifts and adorable for baby showers.
10 1/4 ounces melt and pour soap (white or clear)
3-5 drops of yellow gel food coloring
25 drops lemon essential oil
20 drops vanilla oleoresin
- Cut and weigh the clear melt and pour soap base. Place in a glass measuring cup.
- Melt the soap base in microwave. Start with 30 seconds and add 10-20 second intervals until soap is fully melted.
- Add the yellow gel colorant. Stir gently until the color becomes evenly distributed.
- Add the essential oil & vanilla or alternative fragrance you have selected and stir in.
- Carefully pour in your prepared melted soap into the duck molds gently tap the mold against surface to release air bubbles and top off with soap.
- Allow the soaps to fully cool before removing them from the silicone molds. Use particular care around the beak area.
- Trim off any excess soap at the bottom if there is any.
Recipe is for 3 ducks. You need about 3.4 ounces of soap, 1-2 drops of gel color and about 15 drops of essential oil for each soap. Fragrance oils may be stronger and less likely to dissipate when added to the hot soap, so you would likely need less oil.