Make some soothing shower steamers with this easy recipe. These shower bombs are just the thing you need when you want to relax and steady your mind.
- 1 cup baking soda
- 1/2 cup citric acid
- 1/4 cup corn starch
- 30-35 drops of essential oil or blend
- witch hazel (misted on)
- dried flowers, candy sprinkles or sea salt crystals *** optional for top
- fine mist spray bottle
- large bowl and whisk
- molds or muffin tins with paper liners
- Mix the baking soda, citric acid and corn starch together. Then add essential oils.
- Next mist the powder mixture with witch hazel while stirring until the mixture will clump in your hand.
- Fill mold an press firmly to pack well. If you are decorating add that to bottom of mold before filling.
- Air dry the fully, then place them in airtight packaging or a sealed jar to retain the strongest scent.
If you want to split your batch just estimate separating the dry mixture in two. Then apply 15-18 drops of essential oil in each bowl and mist each with the witch hazel while stirring. I split the batch in the video 50/50 - lavender with buds in half for evening showers and the other half was a blend of lemongrass and lemon oils with Himalayan salt and marigold petals for morning showers
Makes 8 tablets as shown, but yield will vary based on mold size.
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 0 min
Keywords: aromatherapy shower, shower steamers