A lovely striped melt and pour soap colored with kitchen spices.
- 1 pound melt and pour soap, goat's milk or shea butter type
- Harvest spice fragrance oil, or similar scent oil appropriate for soapmaking
- square 19 oz silicone soap mold
- kitchen scale
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cardamom (ginger would make a good substitute if needed)
- 1 tsp turmeric
- **Optional*** soap cutter (will make cutting even soaps easier)
- Cut up soap into small chunks and divide into 4 ounce portions.
- Place one 4 oz portion of chopped soap into a microwave safe bowl or glass measuring cup, then microwave until melted (30 seconds maybe a little more).
- Stir in spice for the layer (start with layer 1) until well mixed, allow to slightly cool but not enough to start solidifying, then add the fragrance oil and mix again.
- Gently pour into mold, avoiding spilling on sides. Allow to cool until a thick skin has developed before pouring next layer.
- After all four layers are poured and soap has fully cooled and firm. Slice into 4-5 bars.
- Store in airtight container or shrinkwrap bags.
Here are the additions for each layer (in order pictured from left to right):
1- 1/2 tsp cinnamon 10 drops oil
2 - 1 tsp paprika 15 drops oil
3 - 1 tsp cardamom 12 drops oil
4 - 1 tsp turmeric 15 drops oil