This turmeric body scrub recipe is easy to make and has many skin benefits. Also tips for a versions for face, sensitive skin or rough skin.
- 1 cup white sugar (or brown for face scrub, use salt for more aggressive body scrub)
- 1/4 cup sweet almond oil or coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons ground turmeric powder
- 10-12 drops essential oil (I used lavender and lemon)
- Optional: add 1/2 teaspoon rosehip oil or Vitamin E oil or a teaspoon of castor oil
- Optional: teaspoon of citric acid
- If you are using coconut oil that is solidified, melt it first.
- Combine all ingredients in a medium mixing bowl and stir well.
- Once evenly mixed, transfer to an airtight container, such as a mason jar.
- To Use: Apply to wet skin and massage on skin in a circular motion. Rinse with warm water and pat dry with a towel.
For those with very sensitive skin, almond meal can be used in place of the brown sugar in a face scrub. It is even gentler. Be mindful, this will need to be refrigerated and will have a short shelf life.
A tablespoon of honey added as well will make the scrub more akin to a scrubbing face mask. Give it a try.
- Prep Time: 2 min
Keywords: DIY turmeric scrub, turmeric body scrub, turmeric sugar scrub, homemade turmeric scrub