Apple Cinnamon Soap infused with soothing oatmeal is a fun and easy soap recipe to make in preparation for fall festivities. The fragrance of this soap immediately conjures a warm cozy bowl of apple cinnamon oatmeal.. yum!
Besides the divide smell of the apple cinnamon soap, it also features a goat’s milk soap base and oats, both of which are soothing and nourishing to the skin.
Making Apple Cinnamon Soap with Oatmeal
Making this Apple Cinnamon Soap only takes a few minutes, but makes a wonderful gift that looks carefully crafted.
The P&J Spice Fragrance set contains both the apple and cinnamon fragrances I used in making this oatmeal soap, and come with other great fall scents too that I will be doing projects with.
If you like the soap, why not make my Apple Cinnamon Sugar Scrub too! You could make a great gift basket.
Grab Your Supplies!
Everything except the quick oats and cinnamon.
Spice Set of 6 Premium Grade Fragrance Oils – Cinnamon, Harvest Spice, Apple Cider, Coffee Cake, Gingerbread, Pumpkin Pie – 10mlLife of the Party Suspension Soap Base, 2-Pound, Goats MilkFreshware CB-105RD 12-Cavity Petite Silicone Mold
Apple Cinnamon Soap Recipe
This soap recipe makes exactly 2 bars in the suggested mold. (Double it up if you like, but I would keep the batches to 2-4 soaps to avid varying the amount of oatmeal in each bar too much, as it has a tendency to settle while cooling.)
- 5.5 oz pour and melt goat’s milk soap base
- 1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tbs quick oats
- 10-12 drops apple fragrance oil
- 3-4 drops cinnamon fragrance oil (or essential oil)
- soap mold
- Cut and weigh the goats milk soap, then place in microwave safe measuring cup or bowl.
- Add the cinnamon and microwave until soap base is melted. (roughly 30 seconds). Stir in the quick oats.
- While still liquid, but slightly cooled, add the apple fragrance (too hot will dissipate it, the oats help cool it, so just wait 30-60 seconds).
- Stir gently while pouring into mold to ensure uniform oat distribution, yet not create bubbles.
- Cool until firm, then pop bars out of the mold.