This Orange Mint Sugar Scrub has a bright refreshing scent, scrubs away old skin and nourishes the freshly exposed skin with moisturizing oils. The great news is you can have a batch of this sugar scrub whipped up and in jars within ten minutes!
Exfoliate and moisturize your skin with this homemade Orange Mint Sugar Scrub in the bath or shower. It can also be used to target skin areas such as hands, feet and elbows that need some extra love.
Here are all the items you will need other than sugar, which is easily picked up at the grocer.
Viva Naturals Fractionated Coconut Oil, 16 oz – Ultra Hydrating Massage & Aromatherapy Oil, Hexane-FreeNutiva Organic Coconut Oil, Refined, 15 OunceWilton 610-205 Icing Gel, 1-Ounce, OrangePlant Therapy Top 6 USDA Certified Organic Essential Oils Set. Includes: Eucalyptus, Lavender, Orange, Peppermint, Lemon and Tea Tree. 10mLJarden Home Brands 12Pk 1/2Pt wide Mouth Jar Canning Jars
Homemade Orange Mint Sugar Scrub Recipe
This simple refreshing sugar scrub recipe makes three half pint jars.
- 2 cups of sugar
- 1/3 cup fractionated coconut oil*
- 1/2 cup refined coconut oil
- 3-4 drops of orange gel food coloring
- 20-25 drops orange essential oil
- 15-20 drops peppermint essential oil
- 3 half pint covered jars
*you can substitute olive or almond oil if you prefer
- Put the sugar and oils into a medium sized mixing bowl. Mix well. I use a batter bowl.
- Add the gel food coloring and essential oils and whisk until the color is evenly distributed with no dark spots.
- Scoop the sugar scrub mixture into the jars and screw on covers.