Orange Clove Soap Recipe: Easy DIY Gift
If you are a beginner to soap making this Orange Clove Soap Recipe (like most of my melt and pour soap recipes) is great for beginners. It is pretty much foolproof and requires no lye to make. In fact, the entire project should only take you about ten minutes excluding cooling time and results in a very giftable craft.
Orange Clove Soap: Benefits
There are numerous skin benefits to bathing with orange clove soap. Both orange and clove essential oils have antiseptic properties and are great for assisting in the treatment of acne. Both oils also serve as antioxidants. Clove is also known to reduce anxiety and orange has a mood enhancing effect, making them a great combo for an uplifting shower or bath. Orange is a popular ingredient in anti-aging treatments too.
Goats Milk – 2 Lbs Melt and Pour Soap Base – Our Earth’s SecretsClove – 100% Pure, Best Therapeutic Grade Essential Oil – 10mlSweet Orange – 100% Pure Essential Oil – 10mlSimply Organic Citrus A’peel Certified Organic, 2.54-Ounce ContainerSimply Organic Cloves Ground Certified Organic, 2.82-Ounce ContainerFreshware 12-Cavity Petite Silicone Mold for Soap and baking
If you enjoyed this easy project, check out my Frankincense and Myrrh Soap too!
Orange Clove Soap Recipe
This easy Orange Clove soap recipe takes approximately 10 minutes to make (excluding cooling time).
- Yield: 6 bars (in suggested mold) 1x
- Cut the soap into smaller chunks and place in microwave safe bowl or large glass measuring cup/batter bowl. Add the ground clove and orange peel.
- Microwave on high for 40 seconds, then stir and repeat in 10-20 second intervals until soap is melted.
- Remove from microwave and stir until the additions to the soap are well dispersed and soap is consistency is just starting to thicken slightly.
- Add the essential oils, stir until well mixed, then pour the soap mixture into the cavities of the soap mold.
- Allow to fully cool undisturbed, then seal the orange clove soap in airtight packaging or a jar.