This Pink Himalayan Salt and Rosemary Bath Salts Recipe is great for relaxing a tired achy body and sharpening the mind. There is nothing like a beneficial salt bath soak for that. An easy way to add salt therapy to your home spa regime.
Himalayan Salt Bath Soak
Mix up a batch of this rosemary bath salts recipe and relax. The recipe is simple and a pink salt bath is a great way to unwind after a rough day. Himalayan bath salts make a wonderful gift too, especially for those who endeavor to live a more natural lifestyle.
Pink Himalayan Salt and Rosemary Bath Salts Recipe Benefits
A discussion of the benefits from each of the ingredients in this bath salts recipe. Full recipe with measures below.
Rosemary Bath Salts Benefits:
- Rosemary essential oil and epsom salts are both known for their soothing properties on sore muscles.
- Rosemary has been said to improve memory since ancient times.
- This essential oil is fantastic for hair. It improves scalp circulation and promotes both new hair growth and rate of growth. So don't be afraid to dunk your head a bit in this bath.
Pink Himalayan Salt Bath Benefits:
Like most bath soaks, Himalayan pink salt baths have many benefits. Here are just a few:
- Himalayan salt is a good source of minerals that our bodies all too often do not get nearly enough of in modern life. These minerals help regulate blood pressure and strengthen bones among many other benefits.
- In a bath, Himalayan salt alleviates muscle aches and reduces cramping. The magnesium and other trace minerals are soothing to muscles and you are less likely to get muscle cramps if you are getting enough magnesium. This also means those tired feet will feel a bit better after this bath.
- Himalayan salt creates a detoxifying effect on the body. This salt is well-known for it's detox properties. While bathing, toxins are drawn out, right through the skin from the underlying fatty tissues just below the dermis.
- The salt helps promote healing of skin conditions, such as eczema and psoriasis, as well as simple insect bites and blisters.
Fractionated Coconut Oil Bath Benefits:
- Fractionated coconut oil is highly absorbent on the skin and is very nourishing. This ensures skin hydration. It also aids in the absorption of the other ingredients in this rosemary bath salt recipe.
- The fact that this oil has pretty close to an unlimited shelf life is a great bonus too.
Epsom Salt Bath Benefits:
- Epsom salts like some of the other ingredients in these bath salts is useful in relaxing tired muscles.
- The salts also help reduce swelling.
Beside all the benefits of using these rosemary bath salts, they smell wonderful and the natural pink hue of the Himalayan sea salt is quite lovely.
How to Use the Pink Himalayan Salts in Bath
Simply dump them into the warm water of the bath and they will dissolve. Soak in the tub for at least 15 minutes to enjoy the health benefits of the bath.
How much Himalayan pink salt to add to bath?
Add 1-2 cups to warm bath water. The recipe below makes two cups. It is enough for one or two baths.Print