Gingerbread sugar scrub is a fantastic last minute DIY holiday gift idea. The whipped sugar scrub recipe only takes a few minutes to make and I've made some free printable gingerbread sugar scrub labels so you can have these homemade Christmas presents ready for gifting in a flash!
Gingerbread Sugar Scrub: Easy DIY Gift Idea
Mmmm... fresh, well moisturized skin, that smells like gingerbread cookies, that could lead to a fun Christmas Eve. The recipe is even more appealing, since it is so easy to make. The gingerbread body scrub is a simple blend of two coconut oils, brown sugar, fragrance and a little cinnamon. Two coconut oils are used, both to ensure a good texture and spreadability to the scrub, but also to get great absorbency and rich moisturizing ability. As brown sugar is naturally higher in moisture than white, you may notice the ratio of oils to sugar is lower in this recipe than in some of my other sugar scrub recipes.
Make it a DIY Holiday Gift Basket
This gingerbread scrub would pair very well with my Gingerbread Bath Bombs Recipe or Peppermint Sugar Scrub. Just toss in a nice bath brush or scrubby to finish out the holiday theme DIY gift basket.
Gingerbread Scrub Labels
I feel a nice label really makes a body scrub more appealing to present as a Christmas gift. Like my other sugar scrubs this label is designed to fit the lid of a standard mason jar. I package my body scrubs in 4 ounce jelly jars that use these lids, and I find them to be a manageable size, yet enough for several uses.
Print your free labels here >> Gingerbread Sugar Scrub LabelsPrint
Gingerbread Sugar Scrub Recipe
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: approx. one pint (I split into two 8 oz jars)
This Christmas sugar scrub is perfect for gifting and takes just a few minutes to make. The whipped sugar scrub is a exfoliates the skin while moisturizing and making you smell like a gingerbread cookie!
- ½ cup refined coconut oil
- 2 tbs fractionated coconut oil
- 30 drops of gingerbread fragrance oil
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 cups of dark brown sugar
- bowl and whisk (I would use a stand mixer if doing a double batch)
- ½ pint (4 oz.) jelly jars
- card stock paper
- Print your labels and adhere them to lids.
- If refined coconut oil is hard, warm it to soften. Whisk the refined and fractionated coconut oils together, along with fragrance and cinnamon, until smooth and creamy.
- Add the dark brown sugar and mix well.
- Scoop into jars and seal. The gingerbread scrub is ready to gift.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 0 min
How long will this scrub last? How long in advance can it be made before gifting?
It will last at least 3 months if sealed.
I just mDe a few Jars of this Christmas sugar scrub and now I don't want to give them away. They smell SO GOOD.
Super recipes. Thanks, I will certainly use it.