Rose Bath Bombs are the most luxurious of bath bombs to make. These DIY bath bombs feature rose absolute and rosehip oil for the most amazing fragrance and skin nourishing properties. Dried rose petals add an elegant touch. The bath bombs can make a romantic gift or a lovely DIY gift for someone who could simply use some pampering.
Rose Bath Bombs
There are so many reasons to love rose bath bombs.
Since ancient times the fragrance of roses has been among the most coveted of scents and often associated with love and romance. The scent of the rose is as reported to have an uplifting effect on the spirit, relieving depression and anxiety.
Health Benefits of Rose in the Bath
In addition to the scent related benefits, there are numerous other health benefits of adding various rose extracts to the bath via a bath bomb.
- Rose has often been used homeopathically to help regulate menses.
- As an antispasmodic, it may help with muscle cramps.
- It is said to help remove toxicity in the body.
- Anti-aging properties for the skin.
- Helps fade scars.
- Rose extractions may help fight infection of small scratches and such on the body, due to it's antibacterial properties.
DIY Rose Bath Bombs - Making them Affordable
As rose essential oil is prohibitively expensive for many people, rose absolute is used to make these DIY bath bombs. Absolute is a little stronger in fragrance than rosewater by volume, most brands are in the range of 3-5% actual rose oil diluted in carrier oil.
While rose otto is steam distilled from rose petals, absolute uses a solvent to extract the oil from the petals. The process is more effective, thus making absolute both slightly stronger in scent and less costly. This makes it a great choice for use in handcrafted bath products.
DIY Bath Bombs - Grab Your Supplies!
Full recipe with measures and project instructions can be found below.
DIY Bath Bombs - Quick Tips
While making your own DIY bath bombs is actually pretty easy, it is helpful to keep a few tips in mind.
- Humidity can effect results. The reaction between the citric acid and baking soda is triggered by water. A particularly humid day can cause your bath bombs to blister rather than dry with a nice smooth surface.
- Work promptly when mixing and molding your bath fizzies. While humidity is a concern you are actually more likely to dry out your mixture. This makes it difficult to hold it's shape and bath bombs will crumble apart.
- Put the pressure on. Don't be dainty about filling your molds, ensure they are fully packed and overflowing when you press them. Extra will fall away and the resulting bath bombs will be more sturdy to handle both when unmolding and when dry.
Rose Bath Bombs for Weddings
With wedding season coming up, these rose petal bath bombs are great to keep in mind. They would make lovely wedding favors. A fragrant bath bomb would also make a great bridesmaid gift. Of course, they are perfect for the bride and groom to enjoy a romantic bath on the honeymoon as well.
You could also make a gift basket by teaming it with my Rose Sugar Scrub.Print